Instructor feedback forum

Welcome to the feedback forum for Learning Catalytics. The ideas you submit here will help us improve the product, and your votes on other instructors’ ideas will help us prioritize development.

For help, consult our instructor or student documentation.
For support questions, please contact Pearson 24/7 support.

1. Allow instructors to open several modules simultaneously

If I want students to be able to do targeted preparation for a midterm or final exam, I might create 5 modules, each based on material from a single chapter. The student who wanted to concentrate on one chapter at a time could do the self-paced tests when they were studying.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile app for Learning Catalytics

Once students are registered to use MasteringBiology, students could download the app and access Learning Catalytics without having to re-enter their login and password. --Tanya Soule, IPFW

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use formatted image dimensions in student display window

Images in the student display window should be displayed at same dimensions as they are formatted to be when the question is created (i.e., pixel width and height), and as they are displayed on the students' devices. Currently, the images in the student display window are much smaller. There is already a suggestion for image size when reviewing images, but this suggestion is for the image size in the question itself.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need abilty for BULK settings on modules

There needs to be a way to make BULK settings for Modules within a course. For example,
    I want to set the "Do not allow students to review their performance on this module" option (either turn it on or off) to all (or a large set) of the modules at one time.
    Or change the percent credit for participation vs. correctness,
    Or to copy a BULK set of modules to another course, rather than the one-module-at-a-time fooishness.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. show group responses as the answer and not A, B or C etc..

When in a group round, in Team based delivery. there is an option for students to see the previous individual answers of their team mates by clicking "Show Group Responses"

This then shows the participants names with A, B or C etc and if the responses are random, the letter can correspond to different answers.

If it showed what the answers that were selected in the individual round that would allow students to argue the merits of the answers and not just "what was answer D for you?"

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix answer formatting error when switching question type

If a question type is switched from "multiple choice" to "many choice" every answer text acquires lots of formatting codes that have to be edited out. For example, "Steady state" becomes "{"t"=>"t", "v"=>"<p>Steady state.</p>\n"}". This may happen between other question types, too. I haven't checked.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Randomize order of questions in self-paced modules.

I would like the ability to randomize the order of questions in self-paced assignments so that they can be used for in-class electronic testing. In a large class with limited chaperones, it is possible for students to collaborate by moving through a self-paced assignment together and watching the others submissions. Randomizing the order of the questions would make collaboration very difficult since they will not see the same questions at the same time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Single Sign on via VLE/LMS

Single sign-on integration for VLE/LMS e.g Moodle/BB. Asked for my so many customers. Access model without MyLab/Mastering is too complex for students.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a new question template - Chat / Collaboration

Creating a question template which allows students to discuss on a certain topic which aims to enhance their collaboration, critical thinking and/or debating skills. Students will be inspired from peer response too as they can see everyone's answers (progress) and the instructor can also choose to throw more ideas/feedback depending on the student's response.

Below is the example of a similar kind. That's from a demo question so please neglect the answer it's just to show the effect of this question type.

http://LearningApps.org/display?v=pkhuqhzn301

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. matching

In matching questions, allow more "options" than "subquestions". For example, allow the instructor to list three subquestions and five options, of which two options have no match (i.e, there are two distractors). This allows the instructor to minimize the ability of students to determine the matches by process of elimination.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show list of students with their responses to questions displayed for classes without seating charts

I teach in some classrooms where setting up a seating chart is not feasible, but I would like to see who responds to the questions and how they respond (correct or incorrect) in live time while I am delivering the question. Since this data is gathered already, is it possible to provide an option to view (or hide) list of responders on the screen while the question is live for response (and retain it on screen to use as a discussion primer)?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an extra discpline

Can we please have the "Auditing" discipline added under the Business - Accounting area? It is a separate topic and we'd love to be able to both put our questions in this area (instead of the general Accounting area) and search for new questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hey, why can't I use the confidence questions in a Team activity? I really want that.

Hey, why can't I use the confidence questions in a Team activity? I really want that.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the same info available in grade book and review results

When reviewing results one sees session ID, day/time, number of students and status. Please also indicate number of points in that session.

When viewing the gradebook, one sees session ID and points in that session, but NOT the day/time.

Please make the same information available (session ID, day/time, points) in both views.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Latex equations ending with "|"

Recently when I enter an equation with LaTeX, there is always a "|" at the end of the equation. Is this a known problem?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Team-Based Input instead of Assessment

I wanted students to work on a question and write ideas down as teams. I tried the Team-based assessment but it is only an assessment and works only for questions with well-defined correct answers. Can't we make the team-based capability work for non-assessable questions too?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to allow students to view their overall grade but not the questions

If I would like to reuse the questions (say for a quiz or exam later), I want to be able to allow students to access their grades (ie see how many points they earned) but not see the actual questions.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor feedback forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base