Instructor feedback forum

Welcome to the feedback forum for Learning Catalytics. The ideas you submit here will help us improve the product, and your votes on other instructors’ ideas will help us prioritize development.

For help, consult our instructor or student documentation.
For support questions, please contact Pearson 24/7 support.

1. spell check

Please enable spell check within the question and answer fields.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. concept questions from Pearson textbooks

There are wonderful concept questions from the textbook (I'm thinking here of Knight Physics). Some of these are available on Mastering Physics. Why not make all relevant Pearson textbook available in the LC library.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Error/Bug on momentum units

Numeric answers with units of momentum kgm/s seem to break the system.

Typing in exactly what the correct answer is (in this case -1.00kgm/s) is marked as incorrect. It's already annoying that you can't put spaces in the units; but flat out not recognizing what's been typed is unacceptable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. can it actually be the case that grade book doesn't download the total points per session?

I mean, that's ridiculous! This information is included on screen but not in the download? How can you calculate any averages. Each activity/session has a different number of total points, sometimes 8, sometimes 12, or 14–whatever. I have to add this row to my excel sheet and manually find and type in that number?

This is such an obvious oversight. Or am I missing something?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow option for preventing student window

I run Learning Catalyics on a separate computer from the one used to display to students. Therefore, the student window popping up every time I open or deliver a question serves no purpose other than to slow me down. It would save a lot of time if I was able to turn off the student window so it does not automatically open.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow "<" symbol in MCQ responses.

In multiple choice questions, if a response option includes the "<" symbol (screenshot 1 below), anything after "<" does not get displayed when you deliver the question (screenshot 2 below).

I totally understand why this is happening -- the system is treating < as the opening of an HTML tag for the browser and ignoring everything after. I've tried different workarounds (e.g., using the control code of &lt; instead of <) to varying degrees of success. It's ok initially, but if you try to make changes to the question, it goes haywire again. It'd be great if they finally fix…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Restore the ability to leave the date blank.

The software has been changed to require the entry of a session date before the assignment can be saved. This is very inconvenient. I often create questions in advance using fake assignments to store questions or to create assignments that will actually be used in the future but I do not know exactly when. If the date is left blank, it is sorted to the top so I can use the question in another assignment or assign a date when the assignment is actually use. Please restore the ability to leave the date blank.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide a way for the instructor to notify students that the question is about to close.

With online instruction student often leave the main zoom or teams session to talk over a given question in smaller groups. It would be very helpful if I could send the students a warning through Learning Catalytics that the question was about to close.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow for the randomization of values in the numerical questions.

I should be able to write a formula with random variables, type in ranges for the input variables with specified number of decimal places and students will be presented with new numerical values on each attempt. Each student/group of students will get a different set of numbers. This is already standard in my LMS (Canvas) or on Mastering Physics.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to not count a vote in the grade without deleting it or marking all as correct.

I almost always have students vote twice (first individually and second time after peer discussion). When they do really poorly on the first vote, I like to not count it toward their grade. However, to do that I have to delete that entire vote's data. I would rather be able to keep that data so over time I can see the data for questions that students are struggling with on the first vote. So it would be great if I could make that first vote not count toward their grade but still leave the data in there. I know I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have the ability to download results for mutliple sessions at once into the same spreadsheet.

You can only download the specific voting results for one session at a time, but I would like to be able to select multiple sessions and have it download the specific voting results for each student into the same spreadsheet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop Warning Me About Popups

Don't grey out the whole screen with a warning that I'm blocking pop-ups until I acknowledge it. Then don't do it again every single time. I get it, my browser blocks pop-ups. I set it that way years ago because the internet is unusable otherwise and things worked fine without them last semester. Put a unobtrusive note in the corner if you need to. The warning itself is actually interfering with my ability to use it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When results are downloaded, show for whole class (even those who didn't take the test this time)

I would like the results of each week's quiz to be easy to import into a central spreadsheet, but currently, if a student didn't take the test, they they are simply missing and i have to shift all the students down one row manually.
    I'd like to be able to define a "class" of students and invite them all to take a quiz. If a student doesn't take it, they'd then still appear in the results download saying "did not take test".

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. View student groups when using Automatic Grouping

Allow instructors to see which students have been grouped together when using automatic grouping. I'd like to see which students were grouped together for certain questions to analyze data and attempt to correct misconceptions and flawed logic.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Delete course" option is not working as it is explained in the User Guide

I understand you can't delete a course that is associated with another course that was created in the last two years.
    I have courses since 2015 and still can't be deleted , and they are not associated to any course that I have created in the past two years.I have attached a screenshot so you can see what does my screen look like ,including my attempt to choose "delete" option which does not exist.
    Please HELP HELP HELP !!! (if anyone is looking at this at all)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow team assignment with a document upload.

Clicking and dragging is tedious with large classes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have an option to hide immediate feedback from students

We would like an option the in Team-based assessment to hide immediate feedback from students , especially in the individual round. Right now students get feedback such as "your answer was correct" or something like that. We would like to hide that till after the instructor presses the final stop delivery button.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not allow learning catalytics to use the same questions that are found in the test bank

I began using Learning Catalytics to improve student engagement in class. After 2 years of doing so, I just discovered that the students can see all of the questions in a module whether or not I had delivered the questions in class. When I changed it so that the students could not see the module any longer so that I could continue using the module and questions for subsequent classes, the students were very interested in getting the module open to "study" for the exam. This interest caused me to compare the learning catalytics questions with the test bank questions…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor feedback forum

Categories