Instructor feedback forum

Welcome to the feedback forum for Learning Catalytics. The ideas you submit here will help us improve the product, and your votes on other instructors’ ideas will help us prioritize development.

For help, consult our instructor or student documentation.
For support questions, please contact Pearson 24/7 support.

1. Please allow multiple rooms for one course!

I cannot see how to maintain the link to the home course gradebook in MP when I have two different classrooms for the same course - am I missing something?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improve the drawing resolution

I teaching general and organic chemistry classes, and the ability for students to draw chemical structures is a strength of the LC software. However, the current drawing resolution severely limits the types of structure drawing possible. This seems reasonable for someone drawing on a phone, but it should be possible to draw higher resolution images using a tablet or laptop.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are investigating adding an option that will allow you to preserve the original (larger) size of an image that you upload, either for display purposes or to provide a larger background image for students to draw on. (Currently we make uploaded images smaller both to save bandwidth and to provide consistency of experience between laptops, tablets, and smartphones.)

I’d be interested in hearing from folks that have voted on this issue: what are the largest image dimensions that you would envision wanting to use in a question?

3. Make an app for Iphone

Makes it easier for the student to use the platform anytime they feel for it

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow a "multiple numerical" question type

This would be a question where students could enter in a sequence of numbers of specified length. For example, if I want students to enter in the components of a vector in R3, it would give them three blanks into which they type numbers. Again, like the existing "numerical" type but with multiple blanks (the number of which is determined when the question is created).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exported a lecture or question as Text (with Tex), HTML, or PDF.

If I have used this site as an authoring tool, and wish to use the same question in other environments/publications, it would be very nice to not have to retype everything...

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. enable "drag and drop" feature to permit instructors to copy questions between modules-

in the module palette permitting instructors to a "drag and drop" feature to allow one to copy or move questions between modules

the only recourse at present is to copy a complete module and delete unwanted questions

"dragging and dropping" a circle in the module window (attached) would be very beneficial I think

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)