Instructor feedback forum

Welcome to the feedback forum for Learning Catalytics. The ideas you submit here will help us improve the product, and your votes on other instructors’ ideas will help us prioritize development.

For help, consult our instructor or student documentation.
For support questions, please contact Pearson 24/7 support.

1. 32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase the drawing area

The size of the drawing area is small. Can we enlarge it? The people complaining about this aren’t just those using their phones. The drawing space is the same size whether you use a computer, an ipad or a phone so they are all having the same issue.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Copy multiple modules at one time to another course

I need to copy all 59 modules from one LC course to another specific course without having to go through the horribly tedious copy process of each module (which will take over 2 hours of continuous "selecting" from dropdowns)!!!! Copying a course in its entirety is NOT an option for me as the receiving course is linked to a Modified Mastering course. Another option would be to take a copy of an existing LC course and make IT the linked course (not currently possible according to 24/7 Support).

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow students to see their own gradebook row.

I'd like my students to be able to login and see the total scores for all of their sessions, rather than only being able to review each session one at a time.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create Partial Credit Scoring Option for Multiple-Answer Questions

When student get part of a multiple answer question correct, their position in the seating chart show orange rather than red or green. That's great. But there aren't matching scoring options. Two possibilities come to mind: 1) Treat each possible answer as a true-false question worth (1/number-of-answers) of the question's total score 2) When setting up multiple-answer questions, give the creator the option of assigning positive (and possibly negative) values for each answer correctly (or wrongly) selected.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a message to students regarding Class Session ID

I got many emails when students were first registering for LC, asking me what the Class Session ID was. I responded to each person letting them know that they receive this ID during class; maybe add a small parenthetical note to that effect for the students, so there isn't confusion when first registering?

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't let students review questions that were not delivered

LC is currently allowing students to review all questions in a Module, whether the questions were delivered or not. This is a problem in the following scenario:
    1) I create a module with 10 questions that I set up as an Instructor-Led, Synchronous response type, and with the option checked to let students review their performance.
    2) During the class, I start a session for the module but only get through 7 questions (whether because I run out of time or I decide to change the focus during that class period).
    3) I stop the session at the end of…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Team-Based Input instead of Assessment

I wanted students to work on a question and write ideas down as teams. I tried the Team-based assessment but it is only an assessment and works only for questions with well-defined correct answers. Can't we make the team-based capability work for non-assessable questions too?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need an eraser tool

When a student makes a mistake drawing a diagram, they have to refresh the screen which means getting rid of the entire drawing and starting over. They really want an eraser tool so they can fix it quickly an move on without starting over.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Word cloud results needs to be larger

When 'show all results' for a word cloud is displayed on the the projected screen the word cloud needs to be bigger in size.

There is plenty of real estate on the screen, however the word cloud only takes a small portion (less than a quarter of the projected space) and some of the smaller words cant be seen.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. improve the drawing resolution

I teaching general and organic chemistry classes, and the ability for students to draw chemical structures is a strength of the LC software. However, the current drawing resolution severely limits the types of structure drawing possible. This seems reasonable for someone drawing on a phone, but it should be possible to draw higher resolution images using a tablet or laptop.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are investigating adding an option that will allow you to preserve the original (larger) size of an image that you upload, either for display purposes or to provide a larger background image for students to draw on. (Currently we make uploaded images smaller both to save bandwidth and to provide consistency of experience between laptops, tablets, and smartphones.)

I’d be interested in hearing from folks that have voted on this issue: what are the largest image dimensions that you would envision wanting to use in a question?

14. Show seat and name of student when hovering over a response

In the instructors view, when I see the students answers (specially "long answer" or "sketch") I would sometimes like to know which student gave a particular answer. It would be nice if hovering over the response would show who gave the answer and where that person is located in the room.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Team Based Mode, provide separate results for the individual and team round

Learning Catlytics' team-based mode is closely modelled on Larry Michelson's 'Team Based Learning' (TBL) which I've successfully used for many years supported by 'manual' technology (portable scanner/laptop). The conversion to digital is welcomed.

The Results ('Review Results') from the Team-Based mode need to
    provide a score for each student from the Individual Round separately to that from the Team Round. Presently only a single combined (individual plus team) result is available. Being able to see the difference (almost always improvement) between individual and team scores is vital as it clearly conveys to students the knowledge gain from collaborative learning.

And…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show the countdown timer in the instructor dashboard

Show the countdown timer in the instructor dashboard. I have to go away from the podium computer in order to see the projected student display window if I want to see the timer.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Collapsable module folders

Be able to organize modules into folders that can be "closed" or hidden when you are not using those modules at other times in the semester.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow questions to be delivered one at a time in Team Based Assessment mode

Allow questions to be delivered one at a time in Team Based Assessment mode

Hi Everyone,

I am about to trial LC in Australia and I am very excited about the possibilities of using the team assessment delivery mode. We have just opened a new flat learning space that has separate tables of five students spread around the room and I think LC team based assessment will be perfect for this setting. I really like the idea of students responding to questions individually first, then discussing within their groups and then submitting a team answer.

However, I have a suggestion…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a "multiple numerical" question type

This would be a question where students could enter in a sequence of numbers of specified length. For example, if I want students to enter in the components of a vector in R3, it would give them three blanks into which they type numbers. Again, like the existing "numerical" type but with multiple blanks (the number of which is determined when the question is created).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow for review of student responses after self-paced module completed

Sometimes, I like to push out a few interrelated questions at once (e.g., 4-5 questions related to the same problem). I like the self-paced option for this, because doing them synchronously is a bit stop/start. Unfortunately, there is currently no way for us to review student responses in class after they have answered a group of questions in the self-paced module.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor feedback forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base