Instructor feedback forum

Welcome to the feedback forum for Learning Catalytics. The ideas you submit here will help us improve the product, and your votes on other instructors’ ideas will help us prioritize development.

For help, consult our instructor or student documentation.
For support questions, please contact Pearson 24/7 support.

1. Learning Catalytics isn't happy with the Norwegian names- doesn't like ø, å, and æ. Could this be adjusted

Would love it if the students could upload a pdf file as a response to a question, since that would allow us to consolidate everything in MP. (their MATLAB assignments will have to go through Its Learning as things stand now, though I guess we can assign them in MP)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Autofill function on seat assignments

For large lecture halls, it would be great if I could start numbering a row, say "A1" then click and drag for an autofill function that would fill in through "A30" or however large the room is.

Also, it would be great if I could highlight blocks of seats to move at one time, instead of having to hold Shift and click on every box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Making is possible to start a session even with an empty module, so that I can exclusively ask questions on the fly.

The title says it all. I don't want to prepare anything in advance, so I'd rather be able to run an empty module and use the "ask on the fly" option. There is an easy hack, where you have one dummy question, but I'd prefer something that's not a hack. (I used to use TurningPoint Anywhere, and I liked the convenience of this.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it possible to change the order of the (self-paced) modules that the student sees.

On the instructors side you can order it by date, type or name but that does not seem to propagate through to the student view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Basic editor is broken again.

Today, when using the basic editor, I click save and preview, and LC then deletes my question but saves my multiple choice answers. So I click edit and paste the question back in and click save and preview again and the question appears. So, it's not totally broken.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a submit button to self-tests

Hello,
    I'm receiving feedback from many of my students that they are accidentally selecting responses in self-tests that are getting submitted. They suggested adding a "submit" button to the screen so students can make a selection and then confirm it before accidentally submitting the wrong answer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Monetize" lectures or questions, say $1 per lecture?

If you really want to encourage people to post useful questions, create a market for them! Once a lecture has been purchased, it could be used as-is, or be edited modified by the purchaser to suit their own needs. The copyright notice would always include the original author, but would change to also include the new author as changes are made.

Not only could this allow people looking for questions to see which have been purchased most often (providing a more credible measure of popularity), but it would also provide question authors with funding to offset their student fees and/or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. End of semester course end

Easy end of semester course close
    I would like to be able to reuse my LC questions in subsequent semesters. Is there any way to end student access to courses/semesters that have completed, so that former students cannot access old LC sessions. One way might be to have an option for the course (instead of just the module) where you can check "Do not allow students to review their performance on this COURSE".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide a way to disable display of the student screen during sessions. It's a waste of space and an annoyance.

I don't see any real benefit to seeing the student display. It just gets in the way. I can block it with a popup blocker, but then have to deal with nagging dialog boxes. Please give us the option to disable this "feature".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Printing issues - to print to PDF you encounter copyright issues that prevent the images from rendering

Printing issues - to print to PDF you encounter copyright issues that prevent the images from rendering

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Short Answer - Add checkbox to NOT display "Correct Response" for RegEx questions

For short answer questions I use regular expression checking to improved accurate grading.
    Unfortunately the Correct Response field containing the regex code is shown in the feedback to students as the Answer. I would prefer to show only the Answer/Explanation when “Consider as Regular expression” is checked.
    NOTE: This only happens in Self Paced and probably Self Test mode. The regex code does NOT appear as feedback in Instructor led mode.
    Please make regex work the same in all question modes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. creating permission controls for collaborators

Accidentally, an instructor who shared his course with his collaborators lost all of his questions due to accidental deletion by his colleague. Allow for different permission controls to prevent this from happening again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add TIFF to allowable file formats for image import. (JPG, GIF, PNG)

On Mac OSX, the Grab utility only saves screen shots in TIFF format. This requires using another utility, such as Preview, to open the TIFF file and then export it in one of the acceptable Learning Catalytics formats (JPG, GIF, PNG)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. default

When creating a module, be able to choose default settings (e.g. "Hide sessions for this module from students" checked and grade for "Participation" selected automatically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multiple choice and randomizing answers: "All of the above" etc fixed as last choice.

Currently when using multiple choice questions with randomization that include an answer such as "All of the above" or "A and C", these choices are randomized along with all of the others. These choices however, should fixed as the last answer of the group, and only the first set of choices should be randomized. Please include an option to fix the last answer so that we can better make use of "all of the above" and similar choices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow students to sort items into different categories, and that each item is graded separately.

I want to be able to write a question with a list of items, say 10 types of purchases that take place in an economy, and students are allowed to categorize them into categories, such as the 5 GDP categories (Consumption, Investment, Government, Exports, Imports). Also, I would like each categorization to be graded separately. Currently, I could do a separate question for each item on the list using multiple choice, but that would take too long during class. Alternatively, there is the matching question type, but it does not grade each item separately, and it forces you to have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor feedback forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base