Instructor feedback forum

Welcome to the feedback forum for Learning Catalytics. The ideas you submit here will help us improve the product, and your votes on other instructors’ ideas will help us prioritize development.

For help, consult our instructor or student documentation.
For support questions, please contact Pearson 24/7 support.

1. Drag and drop or copy and paste images into question stems or answers.

I wish I could just cut and past images from ppt or other document; and/or drag and drop an image from my desktop into either question stems or answer blocks. It is a bit tedious to have to upload the image and then drag the image title to the appropriate box.

When I try cut n' paste of images, the image does not always show up or it only half shows up.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow live session instructor review of individual student responses

Allow live (mid-session) instructors to click on any response and see what student submitted it. Even if a seat map is not used.

FOR CLASS has this feature. The instructor wants to do round 1, see who got/missed the question, call on them to discuss, then potentially do a second round. He does NOT want to use a seat map.

Without a seat map, I do not see a way to review individual results and identify student names without ending the session and going to review results.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy multiple modules at one time to another course

I need to copy all 59 modules from one LC course to another specific course without having to go through the horribly tedious copy process of each module (which will take over 2 hours of continuous "selecting" from dropdowns)!!!! Copying a course in its entirety is NOT an option for me as the receiving course is linked to a Modified Mastering course. Another option would be to take a copy of an existing LC course and make IT the linked course (not currently possible according to 24/7 Support).

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show bigger "uploaded images" when reviewing answers

The current "upload image" questions are great for situations where students need to sketch and annotate their sketches. In particular for out of class assignments.

Unfortunately the image size when reviewing the answers is too small to read most average size handwritings (on a photo of a letter sized paper).

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow students to submit anonymous responses to questions.

I wish to poll my class, but they should be able to answer anonymously. Otherwise, I can't ask questions that might be considered personal.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Making it easier to submit bug reports

There needs to be an e-mail address for the submission of bug reports. Asking me to sit at my computer for a half-an-hour on a very tedious chat conversation is neither efficient nor respectful of my time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Group students in a session even if they didn't submit an answer to the current question

Currently, if no answer was submitted, there's a message "You are not sitting close enough to any students to be grouped" if you didn't answer the current question, which forces students to submit a dummy answer if they couldn't figure out the problem.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow individual students access to complete session late

Students with excused absences could still have the opportunity to participate/complete homeworks on LC if there were an instructor option to reopen the session to allow only specific students access to session questions.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug: "date cannot be in the past".

One cannot set the date of a LC module to a date in the past. (You get an error "date cannot be in the past".) Thus, if you forget to set the date correctly before your class, you can give up on having them properly sorted. I can see no reason for such a restriction and need a workaround so I can properly order my LC modules for the students to review.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please allow multiple rooms for one course!

I cannot see how to maintain the link to the home course gradebook in MP when I have two different classrooms for the same course - am I missing something?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have questions worth fractions of a point.

I would like to be able to have each day's learning catalytics activities to be worth 1 point total. I would therefore like to be able to set each question to be worth a fraction of a point so all added together would be worth 1 point total.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. improve the drawing resolution

I teaching general and organic chemistry classes, and the ability for students to draw chemical structures is a strength of the LC software. However, the current drawing resolution severely limits the types of structure drawing possible. This seems reasonable for someone drawing on a phone, but it should be possible to draw higher resolution images using a tablet or laptop.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are investigating adding an option that will allow you to preserve the original (larger) size of an image that you upload, either for display purposes or to provide a larger background image for students to draw on. (Currently we make uploaded images smaller both to save bandwidth and to provide consistency of experience between laptops, tablets, and smartphones.)

I’d be interested in hearing from folks that have voted on this issue: what are the largest image dimensions that you would envision wanting to use in a question?

13. Make an app for Iphone

Makes it easier for the student to use the platform anytime they feel for it

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow instructors to show results to students even if not all students in the class have gotten their answers in yet.

Not all instructors grade, and it takes a long time to wait for all students in very large classes to poll in. Sometimes having results from 75% of the students is enough to discuss and move on. If the poll can keep running to collect answers, then all students can be counted for participation even if they have already seen results. Poll Everywhere does this and it allows me to move through class much faster in some instances.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make an app for Android

Makes it easier to access via Android smartphones and tablets

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. add a feature to allow instructor to see all student names on the seat map simultaneously

The instructor will be able to see the name of every student in every seat, which will help them to match names with faces.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open "teacher deck" on another device

I would like to present from my desktop and have the teacher view and control from an ipad or second device. PearDeck has the option to "open teacher deck on another device". I'd like to be able to do the same thing here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a "Do not allow students to review their performance on this module" option to the Synchronous Response modality

If "Do not allow students to review their performance on this module" is checked, it does not show the session for this module in the list of older sessions that students can review.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create Partial Credit Scoring Option for Multiple-Answer Questions

When student get part of a multiple answer question correct, their position in the seating chart show orange rather than red or green. That's great. But there aren't matching scoring options. Two possibilities come to mind: 1) Treat each possible answer as a true-false question worth (1/number-of-answers) of the question's total score 2) When setting up multiple-answer questions, give the creator the option of assigning positive (and possibly negative) values for each answer correctly (or wrongly) selected.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allowing instructors to copy modules created at other colleges/accounts

Like many of us, I teach at multiple colleges. It would be a huge time saver to be able to copy modules that I have created in my other accounts (colleges). Yes, I could search the library; however: a) it takes forever; and b) I have private content in my modules I wish to access. I don't have time to reinvent the wheel.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor feedback forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base