Instructor feedback forum

Welcome to the feedback forum for Learning Catalytics. The ideas you submit here will help us improve the product, and your votes on other instructors’ ideas will help us prioritize development.

For help, consult our instructor or student documentation.
For support questions, please contact Pearson 24/7 support.

1. Please put the actual items back in the ranking prortion of the ranking questions

At some point in July 2016, the way ranking questions are presented changed.
    Formerly, the actual items to be ranked appeared in the drop-down boxes presented to the students.
    Now, when the student tries to answer, they are present with "first answer", "second answer", "third answer", ...
    This requires that the student constantly refer back to the list of items. This is confusing and cumbersome, particularly on a device with a small screen.
    i suspect this is a programming error in which the program was toald to actually display the words "first answer" rather than reference the actual first answer. …

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow author testing of questions

For some questions (region, direction) it is often difficult to tell whether you have set up the question properly. It would be great if the author could "test" the question, somewhat like being in student view except just for that question and seeing immediately whether the answer is right or wrong, so that we could play with typical student errors and make sure that they end up being appropriately marked.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group questions depending on Chapters

Group test bank questions based on chapters.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow the export of the "Attendance Information" spreadsheet

Sometimes we have wireless issues so students can't log their answers, but we want to give them credit for attending the class.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow instructors to reopen sessions

I made a self-paced module for my students that was supposed to stay open until September 2. There was a glitch in Learning Cataltyics that made the session close on August 31.

I spent over an hour on the phone with technical support with no resolution as to why my session was prematurely terminated or what I could do about it.

It would be helpful if instructors had the ability to reopen a particular session ID, so that if there are glitches like this, they don't have to give students a different session ID number. Having to pass out multiple…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Pearson PPT quiz/clicker questions available for use in LC.

The textbooks I use have Power Point presentations with quiz questions for each chapter (available within instructor resources). Migrating these questions to LC, and making them available would be very helpful.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Word cloud results needs to be larger

When 'show all results' for a word cloud is displayed on the the projected screen the word cloud needs to be bigger in size.

There is plenty of real estate on the screen, however the word cloud only takes a small portion (less than a quarter of the projected space) and some of the smaller words cant be seen.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copy multiple modules at one time to another course

I need to copy all 59 modules from one LC course to another specific course without having to go through the horribly tedious copy process of each module (which will take over 2 hours of continuous "selecting" from dropdowns)!!!! Copying a course in its entirety is NOT an option for me as the receiving course is linked to a Modified Mastering course. Another option would be to take a copy of an existing LC course and make IT the linked course (not currently possible according to 24/7 Support).

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Group students in a session even if they didn't submit an answer to the current question

Currently, if no answer was submitted, there's a message "You are not sitting close enough to any students to be grouped" if you didn't answer the current question, which forces students to submit a dummy answer if they couldn't figure out the problem.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have questions worth fractions of a point.

I would like to be able to have each day's learning catalytics activities to be worth 1 point total. I would therefore like to be able to set each question to be worth a fraction of a point so all added together would be worth 1 point total.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make an app for Iphone

Makes it easier for the student to use the platform anytime they feel for it

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make an app for Android

Makes it easier to access via Android smartphones and tablets

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open "teacher deck" on another device

I would like to present from my desktop and have the teacher view and control from an ipad or second device. PearDeck has the option to "open teacher deck on another device". I'd like to be able to do the same thing here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allowing instructors to copy modules created at other colleges/accounts

Like many of us, I teach at multiple colleges. It would be a huge time saver to be able to copy modules that I have created in my other accounts (colleges). Yes, I could search the library; however: a) it takes forever; and b) I have private content in my modules I wish to access. I don't have time to reinvent the wheel.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow students to see responses from all students when viewing closed sessions

Allow students to see responses from all students when viewing closed sessions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Student Preview Mode

Have a student preview mode so that before the session is launched, we can test new questions to see how students will enter answers and ensure the question is being graded correctly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add sum to data collection question type

The data collection question type currently returns mean, etc. It would be helpful to also get sum data in the case when students are providing tally data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a "multiple numerical" question type

This would be a question where students could enter in a sequence of numbers of specified length. For example, if I want students to enter in the components of a vector in R3, it would give them three blanks into which they type numbers. Again, like the existing "numerical" type but with multiple blanks (the number of which is determined when the question is created).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide response counts in addition to percentages in the bar graph of real-time responses

The bar graph of responses (in real-time during delivery, and after closing delivery) shows percentages of the total number of responses. I'd like for it to also show the raw number of responses. This would allow me to do some quick math is the responses are numberic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor feedback forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base