Instructor feedback forum

Welcome to the feedback forum for Learning Catalytics. The ideas you submit here will help us improve the product, and your votes on other instructors’ ideas will help us prioritize development.

For help, consult our instructor or student documentation.
For support questions, please contact Pearson 24/7 support.

1. Course Archival

Please add an option to save course (and student) data beyond one year without having to extend the end date of the course.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there a way to schedule a future date and time for a session to start? Or does a session always have to be started manually?

Is there a way to schedule a future date and time for a session to automatically start once at the specified time? Or does a session always have to be started manually?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Results view

The results display automatically displays next to the question, making some of the results hard to read. It would be great to have the option of only showing the results, without the original question, so that the results are the only part on the screen. Alternatively the question could be minimized once the results are displayed so that the results have more space on the student screen.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Update your search engine, searching for common terms usually results in "no items found".

Link questions to actual chapters in your texts so that an instructor can easily make use of them. Right now it is a mess, I only use my own questions as I can never find any on the site.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scientific notation.

The program should allow multiple forms of an answer for scientific notation. Though we can tell the students to submit in a particular way, they generally don't listen and it would be nice to be able to see all the write and wrong answers without having half of the right ones be marked wrong due to formatting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. INCREASE THE SERVER SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the database is slow.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Matching Interface

The matching interface is horrible. Instead of first choice, second choice, etc. students should see the actual choices.

Also, despite repeated attempts I cannot get the matching question to list the same option only once. For instance, if I have three subquestions that match to "zero," the option "zero" shows up three times. LC help pages say this should only show up once. I have tried to copy and paste the answers, still to no avail

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Implementing Vector Notation in Expressions

Vector notation, variables with upper arrow, is used in mathematics and physics to differentiate vectors from scalars. It is not currently supported within "Expression" questions. Vectors can be entered in the math palate, using the keyboard command \vec, but it is not recognize by auto scoring.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add "Change Grade" action for a Learning Catalytics item in Gradebook!

Please add "Change Grade" action for a Learning Catalytics item in Gradebook!
    Situation 1: A student is enrolled in course A but participates in a session with course B. His session result is not sent to his gradebook in course A but sitting in a respective module in course B. I am not able to enter the score manually in student's gradebook in course A neither.
    Situation 2. I would like to be able to assign partial credit for a question(s). Learning Catalytics allows only "0" or "1" points. Having "Change Grade" option would at least enable to adjust the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make an app

Seriously.

293 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love to be able to delete some of my courses. !

It would be very helpful if I can just delete courses that I will never use. I don't see the reason why I can't do that.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Matching Question Options display

In Matching Questions, the Options that appear in the drop-down menus should be the wording of the Options the question author types in instead of "1st choice," "2nd choice," 3rd choice," etc. It would be clearer to students which option they are selecting.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Collapsable module folders

Be able to organize modules into folders that can be "closed" or hidden when you are not using those modules at other times in the semester.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please put the actual items back in the ranking prortion of the ranking questions

At some point in July 2016, the way ranking questions are presented changed.
    Formerly, the actual items to be ranked appeared in the drop-down boxes presented to the students.
    Now, when the student tries to answer, they are present with "first answer", "second answer", "third answer", ...
    This requires that the student constantly refer back to the list of items. This is confusing and cumbersome, particularly on a device with a small screen.
    i suspect this is a programming error in which the program was toald to actually display the words "first answer" rather than reference the actual first answer. …

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow author testing of questions

For some questions (region, direction) it is often difficult to tell whether you have set up the question properly. It would be great if the author could "test" the question, somewhat like being in student view except just for that question and seeing immediately whether the answer is right or wrong, so that we could play with typical student errors and make sure that they end up being appropriately marked.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow the export of the "Attendance Information" spreadsheet

Sometimes we have wireless issues so students can't log their answers, but we want to give them credit for attending the class.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow instructors to reopen sessions

I made a self-paced module for my students that was supposed to stay open until September 2. There was a glitch in Learning Cataltyics that made the session close on August 31.

I spent over an hour on the phone with technical support with no resolution as to why my session was prematurely terminated or what I could do about it.

It would be helpful if instructors had the ability to reopen a particular session ID, so that if there are glitches like this, they don't have to give students a different session ID number. Having to pass out multiple…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor feedback forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base